Friday, May 30, 2014

Master Chef -Food Again

Australia is really a place where you can find a diverse range of foods from all parts of the world. After staying in Melbourne for the past few years, I have been exposed to different types of cuisine which I have never tried back in Malaysia partly because back home, dad likes home cooked food so he rarely will bring us out for meals.

The perks of staying away from home means my journey for food exploration has begun. Not only I get to try the different cuisines, my knowledge in food has also increased tremendously after watching so many seasons of master chef (MC) Australia ! For those foodies out there, master chef is really a must watch show in Australia. It is one of the most popular TV series in Australia. Can you imagine the numbers of people watching it as they are showing every day except Saturday night? It is also a good table talk to break the ice with strangers cuz almost every single soul that has TV at home will watch it.

Show you the curry puff I made last night. It was inspired from one of the MC contestants (Tash).The one she made was so crispy based on the comment from the judges. Sadly to say mine wasn’t as good as her. Nonetheless, would still give myself a pat on the shoulder for the effort of making it!

 Curry puff in making

These are the ones made by me!
Taste wise not bad,just not as crispy.
One of my friends said my curry puffs are full of pimples
 =.=

Oh well how should i response?
They are fried in deep oil that why
hahahha



Tash's one just looked much more appealing right?
Is pastry skin! Hers is just so crispy


Every now and then MC will invite some celebrity chefs or chefs from the top restaurants around aus for pressure test or master class. This has no doubt spawned business in the hospitality sector. Whenever a new famous chef comes to the show, everyone will start google-ing the restaurant they worked in and start making reservations. I got to know Christy Tania (a patisserie chef) from MC. The restaurant she works in is now on my wish list of restaurants to visit.2 of my colleagues have already made their booking to visit OM NOM. Apparently, this is the only high end dessert bar in Melbourne. The desserts made by her is just beyond description!(from the pic I saw on their website) Really really wanna to her  pay a visit! Im contemplating should I buy the Melissa shoes which I have been eyeing 6 months ago or try out the degustation in OM NOML or just save the money .

Below are some creations by Christy Tania .Pictures taken from Urbanspoon


This master piece is the one given to MC contestants during pressure test.
Mango Alfonso



Mont Blanc-Meringue,dark chocolate,chestnut,vanilla and blackberry

Raspberry Field

No comments: